32 Below is part of a complex of venues which including the Pear
Tree and The Counting House,
making this a hub venue with four bars, six performance spaces plus food
and an outdoor courtyard.
Located underneath The Pear Tree,
the venue is an intimate basement bar that serves craft beer and food,
and houses DJs and bands after the shows.
Being part of the hub that is the
Counting House it benefits from being able to cross promote to
audiences around all of the venues in the building.
The venue is in Southside and it is an area popular with people visiting nearby venues at Teviot,
George Square or are en-route to and from the Pleasance
Courtyard. There are numerous bars, a barbecue and plentiful
food and drink to keep audiences happy between shows.
Space: The Cellar
- Stage: 1.5m (wide) by 1.5m (deep) stage, raised to
20cm. (One steps up). There is a higher, larger stage just
behind two further steps up. This higher area is seperated from
the room by a small railing. A small curtained area used
for storage can be used as a very small off stage area, or
behind the DJ booth,
- Capacity: Around 70, seated.
- Lighting: 2 x lights to flood the stage.
- Sound: 4 Channel Mixer, and full PA, with 2 Mics, Cables and Mic
stands and MP3 cables to plug in music.
- AV: There
is no screen in this room.
- Storage: There is a very small area for equipment at the venue for props
and equipment, shared with other groups, and also the space
shared with performers in the Counting House Ballroom between
- Bar: There is no bar in the room, however there is
one next door in the main bar area of the venue.
- Accessibility: Not wheelchair accessible, venue down flight of
stairs, and three further steps into performance space.
32 Below Photos