main bar of the Hanover Tap was recently fully refurbished, and
serves meals and snacks all day, plus a variety of beer, wines,
spirits in a stylish city centre bar.
the past years this venue has become one of the places that is a
favourite of performers, and it is the longest continuously
running free venue, since 2006. The Wee Tap space is
not a traditional Fringe room (rectangle with a stage area at the
end), but it has a unique cosy atmospheric that particularly
suits comedians and had two
audience spaces either side of a central bar that remains closed
during the shows.
Performance Space: The Wee Tap
- Stage: 3m (wide) by 1.5m (deep) stage,
corner stage, raised to 5cm. no backstage or wing space.
- Capacity: Around 65, seated - plus room for up to
- Lighting: 2 x lights to flood the stage.
- Sound: 4 Channel Mixer, and full PA, with 2 Mics, Cables and Mic
stands and MP3 cables to plug in music.
- AV: TV Screen
- Storage: There is a very small area for equipment at the venue for
props and equipment, shared with other groups.
- Bar: There is a bar in the room that is not in
operation during shows, sound & light is located behind the bar.
- Accessibility: Not wheelchair accessible, venue in basement.
Steps to room, and also steps into main bar.