Dragonfly Cocktail Bar was re-established in 2018 as a revival of the original spirit of the Edinburgh cocktail scene; a laid-back environment where visitors can explore a carefully considered drinks list.
It is also an established Fringe venue in the heat of town, located just off of the end of the Grassmarket with easy access to all venues on Cowgate and the Royal Mile.
It is a new venue for The Free Festival in 2022, after being a venue for 'Hero's of Fringe' for several years. It's well known as a good room for audiences attracting a discerning clientele.
Space: Main Room
Stage: 2m (wide) by 1m (deep) stage, on flat floor. Can be made
larger by removing seating. There is a curtained off back stage area, where the light/sound control is also located.
- Seating: Capacity 45 people, fully seated. Rear seating is raised for good site lines to stage.
Lighting: 2xPar Can to flood light stage.
- Sound: 4 Channel Mixer, cables for MP3 player, with 2 Mics, Cables and Mic
stands. Performers own sound equipment can be added easily
- AV: There
is no AV equipment in this room, but is suitable for performers to bring a projector etc.
- Storage: There is a very small area for equipment at the venues
cellar for props
and equipment, shared with other groups.
- Bar: There is no bar in the room, the room is accessible via a small corridow from the main bar.
- Access: The are steps to the performance space.
Photo of Dragonfly
Room in unrigged state - Photo looking from back of at stage area, which will be in front of central arch. Curtain covering central and left arch to form backstage, room entry through right arch. Door beyond arch seperatin room from main bar.
Room in unrigged state - Photo looking at audience area - will be theatre style seating on floor and in raised area. Window will be draped (rear of room).