Located just off of the Cowgate,
and under George IV Bridge, Dropkick Murphy's is right in the
centre of Edinburgh and close to Espionage, The Free Sisters and
The venue has a two large areas
off of a bar, in an L-Shape, and one of the areas is used for
fringe shows from lunch time to early evening, before the night
An Irish bar and club, the venue
is traditionally decorated, and benefits from an enthusiastic
management and staff team, that also help to promote shows and
direct people into the venue.
The bar is only open for show
audiences during the day.
Performance Space: Main Room
Stage: 3m (wide) x 2m (deep) on ground level, or 4m (wide) by
3m (deep) on stage with low wall in front. No Wing space or back
- Seating: Capacity 120 people, in rows on seats, tables, and in fixed
seating around tables.
Lighting: Four fixed spotlights to flood the stage.
- Sound: 4 Channel Mixer, Cable for MP3 player, 2 Mics, Cables and Mic
stands. Performers own sound equipment can be added easily
- AV: There is a large projector Screen in this room.
- Storage: There is a very small storage room for equipment at the venues
cellar for props
and equipment, shared with other groups
- Bar: There is a bar in the room, that is open during the show.
- Access: The performance space is located up a short flight of stairs so
is not wheelchair accessible.
- Notes: The performance space is separated from a general drinking
area by a curtain, the back are of the bar in the room is in operation to serve