Newsroom has an attractive and spacious main bar, which is
constantly kept up to date, along with the performance space
downstairs. The venue is open all day from
9am serving breakfasts, lunches and dinners as well as a full
selections of beers, wines, spirits, cocktails, teas and
It is just off of the end
of Princes Street, and close to Waverley Station, St Andrews
Square, The Stand and The Broughton - Leith Street is a main
thoroughfare coming into town from Leith, and the bar is well
positioned to get local trade, tourists and Fringegoers.
The performance space is in the
basement of the venue, and is accessible from the main bar It is
low ceilinged and atmospheric, and an ideal space for
Performance Space: The Basement
- Stage: 5m (wide) by 4m (deep) corner stage,
semi circular. raised to 6 inches. No wing space or backstage.
- Capacity: Around 60, seated, plus standing room for
- Lighting: 2 x lights to flood the stage.
- Sound: 4 Channel Mixer, and full PA, with 2 Mics, Cables and Mic
stands and MP3 cables to plug in music.
- AV: There is no AV in this room.
- Storage: There is a very small area for equipment at the venue for
props and equipment, shared with other groups.
- Bar: There is a bar in the room that is not in
operation during shows.
- Accessibility: Not wheelchair accessible, venue is down a
flight of stairs.